This is what I love about blogs. You can just crap away to glory!
1. Who are you?
<Real Name Here>. 24. Graduate Student Rutgers University. Frank, opinionated, outgoing. Tall, dark, reasonably attractive. Obsessive-compulsive, PMS-ive, unemotional. Oh, and I’m always right.
2. What are the 3 most important things everyone should know about you?
I have opinions, like it or not.
I love walking barefoot in the rain.
I hate deception of any sort.
3. When you aren’t filling out 5,000 question surveys like this one what are you doing?
Online? Checking e-mail, only a million times a day. Offline? Matlab-ing.
4. List your classes in school from the ones you like the most to the ones you like the least (or if you are out of school, think of the classes you did like and didn’t like at the time).
5. What is your biggest goal for this year?
Graduate within the next 8 months.
6. Where will you be in 5 years?
No idea. Hopefully, India. With any luck, still here.
7. What do you want to be when you grow up?
There’s still time. Actually, there isn’t so stop busting my bubble and get away from me!
8. Are you more child-like or childish?
What’s the difference? What would it make me if I said I love Bourbon biscuits?
9. What is the last thing you said out loud?
Have a nice day.
10. What song comes closest to how you feel about your life?
“Zindgi Ke Safar Mein Guzar Jate Hain Jo Makam” by Kishore Kumar.
11. Have you ever taken martial arts classes?
No. Sometimes I think I should have.
12. Does your life tend to get better or worse or does it just stay the same?
My life is 360 degrees sinusoidal, with infinite Fourier harmonics. That was utter crap, but then this whole question-answer thing is, no?
13. Does time really heal all wounds?
14. How do you handle a rainy day?
Refer ans. to question 2. above.
15. Which is worse – losing your luggage or having to sort out tangled holiday lights?
Working in a building which has a plane crash into it.
16. How is your relationship with your parents?
I cannot imagine living without them for a moment. They are my backbone, my support through thick and thin.
Will you miss them when they are gone?
Is that even a question?
17. Do you tend to be aware of what is going on around you?
Yes. Acutely conscious of every little movement around me.
18. What is the truest thing that you know?
Change is inevitable. People change, places change, circumstances change. You cannot avoid it. Your only option is to accept it and try to change so that people find it easier to accept that you have too.
19. What do you want your life to be like, as the future takes clearer shape?
Satisfying. To me. Worthy of pride. For my parents. Deserving the love. Of my soul-mate.
20. Have you ever been given a second chance?
Every single time I messed up.
21. Are you more of a giver or a taker?
I’m not sure. Is a giver someone who gives but expects nothing in return? That I’m not. Is a taker someone who takes but does nothing in return? I’m not that either.
22. Do you make your decisions with an open heart?
23. What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you?
When my foot got stuck in the wheels of a moving motorcycle.
24. What is the most emotionally painful thing that has ever happened to you?
Let’s not go there, alright?
25. Who have you hugged today?
*Mysterious Smile* 😀
26. Who has done something today yesterday to show they care about you?
Someone sat down with me and helped me solve my assignment.
27. Do you have a lot to learn?
I don’t even know how much I know. Can’t even begin to think about what I don’t know yet.
28. If you could learn how to do three things just by wishing and not by working what would they be?
1. How to make sure people know what I’m thinking.
2. How to make someone laugh.
3. How to rob a bank.
29. Which do you remember the longest: what other people say, what other people do or how other people make you feel?
What other people do.
30. What are the key ingredients to having a good relationship?
Trust, compatibility, low lack of expectation and a smile at all times. Not quite necessarily in that order.
31. What 3 things do you want to do before you die?
1. Write a novel.
2. Adopt a child.
3. Bungee Jump.
32. What three things would you want to die to avoid doing?
1. Marry a ******.
2. Eat meat.
3. Live in a messy apartment.
33. Is there a cause you believe in more than any other cause?
Yes. I think I have reason to do so too.
34. What does each decade make you think of:
20s: TV invented.
30s: The Great Depression.
40s: India gains independence.
60s: The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, drugs, alternative culture.
70s: Green revolution.
80s: I was born.
90s: Childhood through adolescence, some of my best years.
2000-(so far): Growing up.
35. Which decade do you feel the most special connection to and why?
The ’80s. We were all happier then, no one had diabetes or BP.
36. What is your favorite oldie/classic rock song?
“Hard Day’s Night” by The Beatles.
37. If you could say any sentence to the president of the USA what would it be?
38. What’s your favorite TV channel to watch in the middle of the night?
It’s been so long since I watched TV, I have no idea. Even otherwise, I’d much rather curl up with a book till late in the night.
39. What Disney villain are you the most like and why?
Ursula and Flotsam & Jetsam. Simply because they never had the slightest chance anyway. 😛
40. Have you ever been a girl scout/boy scout?
Nope. And it’s not a good thing either.
41. If you were traveling to another continent would you rather fly or take a boat?
I would love to take a boat. But, in real life, air-plane.
42. Why is the sky blue during the day and black at night?
Because God likes to read late into the night so he needs the sun to perform reading-lamp duties for him.
43. What does your name mean?
Pleasing, elegant. Origin: Sanskrit.
44. Would you rather explore the deeps of the ocean or outer space?
Sea. It’s what I do already, anyway. 🙂
45. Word association
Deserve: Everything I have
Clash: RU vs. USF
46. If you could meet any person who is dead and famous who would you want it to be?
47. What if you could meet anyone alive and famous?
Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam.
48. Is there a movie that you love so much you could watch it everyday?
49. You are going to be stuck in an elevator for a week. What do you bring to do?
Books I know I will never read if I had the choice.