Picked this up from Pixie. I’m going to talk about 7 things I absolutely abhor (Christmas is here early 😀 )!!!
- Men who sleep with/live with/use women and then just take off. I mean, stop being a coward and take responsibility for your actions, for chrissakes! You will live with her, make her cook for you, have all your fun with her, satisfy your dirty animal desires and yet cheat on her behind her back, sms other women, and get out under the pretext of “we were never committed, I never promised marriage, and whatever we did was consensual.” Everybody knows what a farce that is, no one’s buying your bullshit anymore.
- Women who sleep with/live with/allow themselves to be used by men and then are left to pick up the pieces of the broken relationship because “I love him and I forgive him of all his sins and I thought that giving in to his demands would make him be committed to me.” I mean, wake up and smell the shit hitting the roof. How daft do you have to be to see that the grade A bastard is using the crap out of you and isn’t promising you anything more than a lifetime of misery?
- Indian people who insult and humiliate the state of affairs in India in front of foreigners, making India look like a death hole. I mean, you’re living outside India to make money, stick to that. Do not go on bad-mouthing the country that has given you your life, your identity, your brains – the reason you are even making money in America anyway. And tell me the last time you weren’t racially discriminated in this “free” country?
- People who act like their cool factor increases by the number of white skinned friends they have, and would go to any lengths to be seen hanging around them (including copious amounts of flirting and drinking binges). Pray, tell me, when was the last time you actually hung out with a white guy/girl without alcohol involved? Better still, the last time you had an intelligent, heart-to-heart conversation with one of them? Or when you spoke to them about things other than the exotica you feed them about India? From my observation (and this is strictly based on my 2 years of being in a department full of non-Indians), you can be friends with these guys, hang out, do fun stuff (which mostly involves alcohol) but when it comes to emotional closeness, they simply do not understand us and the kinds of problems we might have. And it’s not a bad thing either, it’s just that their issues are very different from ours.
- Of course, my all-time favorite, people who cannot watch a movie/show/public performance without adding their 2 cents to every scene. And their 2 cents can’t be classified as constructive criticism either. More like destructive and sadistic pleasure derived from malicious intent. I think people who can’t handle A R Rehman singing and performing Tamizh songs (which is his native tongue and the reason why he’s so popular) also fall under this category.
- Back seat drivers (alright I am one too, but I’m working on it, I really am, I promise.. Pinky swear.) who think they come with a pair of invisible rearview mirrors and are blessed with Shiva’s netrikann (or Third Eye) which gives them 360 degree vision. Hmph!
- And, (drumroll) last but not least, people who don’t clean up their tables at a fast food place/campus center/any self service joint. I mean, how long does it take? Pick up–>throw in trash can (which has been strategically placed near all exits for your convenience, mind you)–>walk out. Bah, humbug.
Wow, that feels wonderful! 😀