Edited to remove smileys. Someone seems to have a problem.
Picked this up from here (I know, I’m jobless, stop rubbing it in ok?). Listed below are 10 things I’d like to do in 10 years.
- Hopefully get a PhD sometime. As an afterthought, hopefully from a really good school too.
- Somehow I don’t see myself going to work wearing a business suit. But I do need a job that rakes in the moolah! So a nice academic high paying job would be perfect (read professorgiri).
- Travel the world. Too many places, ten years is too little time, I know. But there are quite a few special places that I’d like to visit before the turn of the decade.
- Get married sometime.. I know that makes me sound desperate, but c’mon, we’re talking 10 years here!! If I’m not married by the time I’m 34, then I think I’ll die the sorry death of an old maid who never knew the pleasures in life. <wink>
- Have kids. Follows from marriage, right? But here’s the thing. I want to adopt at least one child. Hopefully a baby girl.
- Become a more active member of ASHA and other such organizations than I am, because in 10 years, I think I’ll have the time and the money to spend on such causes.
- Kiss a Frenchman. (what, I’ve heard they’re awesome!!!)
- Learn cooking. Man, the guy who marries me, needs to be a good cook. Or should love me endlessly and unconditionally to tolerate all the junk I churn out!
- Read a LOT of books because of late, I’ve noticed that my reading abilities have gone down because of stupid google reader. Also, learn a LOT of carnatic music. Enough to sit next to PS and identify raagams like he does. And then blog about them. 😛
- Be someone my parents, my brother and whoever it is that makes the grave folly of falling in love with me, can be proud of.